Harpenden Mencap’s adult residential services are registered with the Commission for Social Care Inspection
(CQC) to provide 13 residential placements and strive to exceed the essential standards of quality and safety as set out in
the Health and Social Care Act (2008).
Adult Residential Care Services
Under the Commission's star rating system (in conjunction with the Care
Standards Act), Harpenden Mencap’s adult residential service was rated as a three star, excellent home by the CQC.
Adult Residential Homes Ethos
Harpenden Mencap believe that anybody receiving
a service from us should be given the opportunity, support, information and encouragement to: -
- Take part in everyday community activities
- Make and maintain valued relationships
- Make choices
about their lifestyles
- Be protected from abuse of any kind
- Be treated with dignity and respect
- Have the right to know who holds information about them and to expect that any
information will only be shared with those who need to know in order to care for, support or protect them
- Be treated as an individual and have a ‘person centred’ plan of care
- Have their religious, cultural and lifestyle needs met
- Have the opportunities to take risks. Residents who can make decisions (under the
Mental Capacity Act guidance) should be free to do so, as long as they do not threaten the safety of others.
Back to the top
Registered Charity No. 1035252
Company Limited by Guarantee, No.2903642 Registered in England and Wales.
"Stairways", 19 Douglas Road, Harpenden, Herts AL5 2EN
(01582) 460055 Extn.8
Copyright © 2008 - 2015 Harpenden
Mencap, All rights reserved